EXCLUSIVE: Well Go USA has acquired all North American rights to Hit So Hard, a documentary feature about Patty Schemel, the drummer in Courtney Love’s rock band Hole. Well Go has partnered with Variance Films, which plans to release the film in major markets early next year. The film follows the career rise of Schemel, who was catapulted into the music scene in the 1990s with the band’s success, and looks back at her relationships with Hole, Love and Love’s husband Kurt Cobain and the addictions that almost killed her. P. David Ebersole directed the pic from a screenplay he penned with Todd Hughes. Hughes and Christina Soletti produced. The rights deal was negotiated by Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content and Ryan Saul of APA on behalf of the filmmakers, and by Well Go president Doris Pfardrescher.
Well Go USA Nabs Rights To Documentary About Hole Drummer Patty Schemel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Still Loud With $147M+ – Early Sunday AM Update
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…