EXCLUSIVE: Walton Goggins has joined the cast of director Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln. He will play Ohio Congressman Wells A. Hutchins, a progressive Democrat who goes against his party and votes in favor of the Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery. He will co-star alongside Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln; Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln; and David Strathairn, who recently joined the cast, as Secretary of State William Seward. The DreamWorks film — with a screenplay from Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin — is set to begin production in the fall in Virginia and will be released in late 2012 through Disney’s Touchstone label. Goggins, who is in the supporting Emmy hunt for playing Boyd Crowder on FX’s Justified and next appears this month in Cowboys & Aliens and in September in Straw Dogs, is repped by APA and manager Darris Hatch.
Walton Goggins Joins Cast Of 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Karlovy Vary Festival To Fete Tim Robbins With Crystal Globe; Terry Gilliam, Anna Paquin, John Lesher Among Guests
- Stephen Merchant To Play Gestapo Agent In Taika Waititi’s WWII Satire ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- BAFTA Implements New Diversity Requirements For 2019 Film Awards
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”