EXCLUSIVE: A couple of weeks ago, Deadline reported that USA Network was finalizing a series pickup of the comedic buddy cop comedy Common Law. And now it has: USA has ordered 11 episodes to begin production next month in New Orleans. The twist on the cop series stars Michael Ealy and Warren Kole, who play wildly different personalities who are the elite team in the LAPD homicide squad until their constant bickering gets them put on probation. To fix their problems, their captain (Jack McGee) sends them to couples therapy. Common Law, from CBS Television Studios and Junction Entertainment, is executive produced by Cormac and Marianne Wibberley. Jon Turteltaub and Craig Sweeny are executive producers. Junction’s Dan Shotz and Karim Zreik are co-executive producers. Turteltaub directed the pilot. “When CBS Television Studios sent us the script of Common Law, we immediately fell in love with the writing, the characters and the premise,” USA Network co-presidents Jeff Wachtel and Chris McCumber said. “We’re very lucky to have the Wibberleys, Jon and Craig guiding the process on this show; and with Michael and Warren, we have two stars who bring out the best in each other.” Common Law was one of three cast-contingent pilots ordered by USA last summer, along with Necessary Roughness and Suits (formerly A Legal Mind). The other two have already been picked up to series.
USA Picks Up 'Common Law' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance