As Deadline told you yesterday, Marvel Studios needs a director for Thor 2 with Kenneth Branagh departing, but they have got a writer. Marvel has set Don Payne, one of the credited scribes on the first film, to script the sequel. Payne rewrote Lobo for Warner Bros, and was one of the writers on Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer. His superhero experience started with My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Payne’s also co-executive producer on The Simpsons, so there might be a laugh or two in between intergalactic mayhem. Chris Hemsworth is reprising his role as the hammer-swinging hero. The film will be released July 26, 2013 by Disney. Payne’s repped by The Rothman Brecher Agency.
'Thor 2' To Be Scripted By Don Payne
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit To Restore Jim Acosta's White House Credentials
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Latest Film News
- Can Barrier-Breaking ‘Black Panther’ Become The First Superhero Movie Nominated For Best Picture?
- Margot Robbie’s Luckychap & Dan Lin’s Rideback Team For ‘Barbed Wire Heart’ At Warner Bros.
- New Hollywood Podcast: ‘BlacKkKlansman’s John David Washington Reflects On His Year Of Socially Aware Films
- ‘Bosch’ Actor Lance Reddick Cast In ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’
- Lachlan Murdoch Salutes Father Rupert Murdoch At Fox’s Last Annual Shareholder Meeting Before Disney Deal
- Colleen Camp Joins Netflix’s Peter Berg-Directed Film ‘Wonderland’