TNT has ordered a second season of Falling Skies, the alien-invasion drama from Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks TV that premiered last month with 8 million total viewers, making it cable’s top series launch this year. The series, starring Noah Wyle, has averaged 6.4 million total viewers in its first three episodes and is attracting strong ratings in overseas territories. The network has ordered 10 episodes for Season 2, which is slated to air in summer 2012.
Second-Season Order For 'Falling Skies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Latest TV News
- Disney Wraps TV Upfront Sales With Double-Digit CPM Gains At ABC, Single Digits In Cable
- New ‘Doctor Who’ Jodie Whittaker & EP On New Season, Inclusion & Hall H Debut – Comic-Con
- ‘Mayans M.C.’ Goes All In With New Trailer For Kurt Sutter’s New FX Series – Comic-Con
- ESPY Awards Swan Dives; ‘Big Brother’ Taps Top Spots
- POTUS Goes Twitter Bonkers: “Trump Recognized Russian Meddling MANY TIMES”
- ‘The Oath’: Dilshad Vadsaria, Erik King Among Seven Recurring Cast In Season 2