Lee Pace has joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing opportunistic New York City mayor Fernando Wood, a prominent early supporter of the Confederate cause. The mayor traded frequent correspondence with President Lincoln, played by Daniel Day-Lewis. Pace just finished a run in the Tony-winning revival of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart. He also wrapped the final Twilight Saga installment Breaking Dawn, and this fall shoots the role of Elven King Thranduil in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit.
Twilight Saga Actor Lee Pace Joins 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Halloween' Scares Up Second-Best October Opening With $77M+; Best Debut For Blumhouse & Carpenter Canon; Great Launch For Miramax
Latest Film News
- ‘Halloween’ Scares Up Second-Best October Opening With $77M+; Best Debut For Blumhouse & Carpenter Canon; Great Launch…
- Amazon Studios Head Jennifer Salke Talks TV, Film Biz At USC Forum
- Amy Schumer Says Maroon 5 Should Turn Down Super Bowl Halftime
- ‘Aquaman’ Director James Wan Twitter Teases Two Sea Creatures From Film
- Danny Leiner Dies: Director Of ‘Harold & Kumar’ And ‘Dude, Where’s My Car?’ Was 57
- Bruce Dern Home From Hospital, In Good Spirits Following Jogging Accident