Lee Pace has joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing opportunistic New York City mayor Fernando Wood, a prominent early supporter of the Confederate cause. The mayor traded frequent correspondence with President Lincoln, played by Daniel Day-Lewis. Pace just finished a run in the Tony-winning revival of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart. He also wrapped the final Twilight Saga installment Breaking Dawn, and this fall shoots the role of Elven King Thranduil in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit.
Twilight Saga Actor Lee Pace Joins 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
Anthony Anderson Under LAPD Investigation; 'Black-ish' Actor "Unequivocally Disputes" Criminal Claim
'Star Trek: Short Treks' Set On CBS All Access, 'Discovery' Season 2 Trailer Unveiled, Rebecca Romijn Joining The Cast - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Brings Manga To Life With Eye-Popping Footage In New Trailer – Comic-Con
- Sony Swings Into Hall H With New Footage, Characters From ‘Venom’ & ‘Spider-man: Into The Spider-Verse…
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Belting $41M+; ‘Equalizer 2’ Targets $34M – Late Friday Update
- ‘Bumblebee’ Brings ’80s Style To ‘Transformers’ Franchise & A “Prime” Guest Surprises Panel…
- Outfest Pic ‘Tucked’ Lands Gravitas Ventures Deal Ahead Of Premiere
- ‘Halloween’ Star Jamie Lee Curtis References #MeToo Movement, Says Franchise’s Longevity Is “Mind-Blowing”…