Lee Pace has joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing opportunistic New York City mayor Fernando Wood, a prominent early supporter of the Confederate cause. The mayor traded frequent correspondence with President Lincoln, played by Daniel Day-Lewis. Pace just finished a run in the Tony-winning revival of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart. He also wrapped the final Twilight Saga installment Breaking Dawn, and this fall shoots the role of Elven King Thranduil in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit.
Twilight Saga Actor Lee Pace Joins 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Reboots True Crime & Paranormal Series 'Unsolved Mysteries' With 'Stranger Things' EP Shawn Levy
Latest Film News
- ‘Glass’ Currently Looking At Second-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $48M+
- Channing Tatum Exits UTA, Management 360
- What’s Next For Sony’s Crackle? It Could Be A Partnership Or A Sale
- Leonard Klady Dies: Veteran Variety Film Critic Was 67
- Ava DuVernay To Host Day Of Racial Healing Event With Eva Longoria & Judd Apatow
- Lee Unkrich Parting Ways With Pixar After 25 Years