Jacki Weaver, whose murderous matriarch earned her an Oscar nomination for Animal Kingdom, has signed on to star in Stoker, the Fox Searchlight thriller that was written by actor Wentworth Miller under the pseudonym Ted Foulke. Weaver joins Nicole Kidman, Mia Wasikowska and Matthew Goode in the Chan-wook Park-directed thriller about a teen who is mourning the death of her father and has to deal with an eccentric uncle who shows up unexpectedly. Scott Free’s Ridley and Tony Scott and Michael Costigan are producing. Weaver, who just wrapped The Five Year Engagement for Universal and Judd Apatow, is repped by ICM and Elevate Entertainment.
Jacki Weaver Joins Fox Searchlight Thriller
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Latest Film News
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Here And Now’ To Hit Theaters In November In AMBI & Paramount Deal
- Bankruptcy Court OKs Sale Of Relativity Media To UltraV Holdings
- Imagine Entertainment Ups Karen Lunder To Head Film Development & Production
- ‘Mulan’ Writing Duo Lauren Hynek And Elizabeth Martin Ink With APA
- Hot ‘Cherry’ Book Auction Handcuffed Because Imprisoned Author Has Run Short Of Phone Call Minutes
- Ming-Na Wen Reflects On ‘The Joy Luck Club’ 25 Years Later, Praises ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ As Another “Historical”…