EXCLUSIVE: Holt McCallany, who starred in FX’s now-canceled but critically acclaimed boxing drama Lights Out this past season, has landed a role as the bodyguard and main enforcer to Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) in Warner Bros’ Gangster Squad. He joins Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin, Anthony Mackie, Michael Pena and Giovanni Ribisi in the Ruben Fleischer’s crime drama set in 1949 Los Angeles. Will Beall wrote the script, about an elite police squad that tracks down bad guys like Cohen. McCallany recently wrapped the indie film White Space and is now shooting Walter Hill’s Headshot opposite Sylvester Stallone for Joel Silver and Warner Bros. He is repped by APA and Mosaic.
Holt McCallany Joins 'Gangster Squad'
What's Hot on Deadline
Don Cheadle & Kathy Griffin In Twitter Beef Over His Not Defending Her After Severed Trump Head Flap - In 2017
Latest Film News
- Jason Reitman To Direct Next ‘Ghostbusters’ Movie, Coming In 2020
- WME Signs Bart Freundlich, Director Of Sundance Opener ‘After The Wedding’
- ‘Slime’ Time For Paramount Players, Steve Pink & Jeff Morris
- Danny Glover Set For Sony’s ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ Sequel
- Rose Byrne, Justin Hartley, Wanda Sykes & More Set To Co-Star In CBS Films Comedy ‘Lexi’
- Sofia Coppola And Bill Murray To Reteam For ‘On The Rocks’, Apple & A24’s First Film