EXCLUSIVE: Holt McCallany, who starred in FX’s now-canceled but critically acclaimed boxing drama Lights Out this past season, has landed a role as the bodyguard and main enforcer to Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) in Warner Bros’ Gangster Squad. He joins Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin, Anthony Mackie, Michael Pena and Giovanni Ribisi in the Ruben Fleischer’s crime drama set in 1949 Los Angeles. Will Beall wrote the script, about an elite police squad that tracks down bad guys like Cohen. McCallany recently wrapped the indie film White Space and is now shooting Walter Hill’s Headshot opposite Sylvester Stallone for Joel Silver and Warner Bros. He is repped by APA and Mosaic.
Holt McCallany Joins 'Gangster Squad'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Latest Film News
- Ashley Judd’s Defamation Suit Against Harvey Weinstein Sets 2020 Trial Start
- Nicole Dubuc To Receive WGA West Animation Writing Award
- Jamal Khashoggi: Hollywood & Int’l Film Firms Await Clarity But Are Now Reevaluating Saudi Arabia Investments
- ‘Wrong Turn’ Gets A Remake: Constantin Rebooting Horror Franchise With Original Creator
- ‘The Possession Of Hannah Grace’ Trailer: Shay Mitchell Battles Her Demons – Literally
- Martin Scorsese Named 2018 MoMA Film Benefit Honoree