True to his neurotic and highly insecure character on the show, Curb Your Enthusiasm creator/star Larry David has been largely puzzled by the ratings resurgence of his HBO series this season, which has been posting seven-year highs for its first three weeks on the air. His response to the weekly congratulatory emails from HBO brass has been: “What does it mean? Is it the lead-in? Is it the show?” It is probably a mix of both, but the long hiatus between Seasons 7 and 8 seems to have helped the show, which is getting some of its best reviews, while whetting viewers’ appetite, which has translated to strong ratings. Now HBO hopes to do it again, but the decision as always is entirely David’s. He is expected to address the future of Curb when he returns from vacation at the end of the summer. “We’re cautiously optimistic,” HBO’s president of programming Michael Lombardo told me today of the prospects of a ninth season of Curb. There has been an encouraging sign. “For the first time ever after this season, Larry didn’t say ‘I never want to do this again,’ ” Lombardo said. That is a promising start.
HBO Brass 'Cautiously Optimistic' About Ninth Season Of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Latest TV News
- Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
- Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers “Summer Camps” For Immigrant Children
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park