HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Space Force' Workplace Comedy Series From 'The Office's Steve Carell & Greg Daniels Ordered By Netflix
CBS Acting CEO & Brass Hit Dull Button In Digital Town Hall; Questioned About Les Moonves, Viacom Merger Talk & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tweets “Left” Unhinged As Giuliani Moves Collusion Goalpost Again
- BBC’s Deputy Director-General Anne Bulford Steps Down; Leaves British Broadcaster After 6 Years
- Les Moonves Will Fight For His $120M Exit Package, CBS Confirms
- Shawn Mendes, Cardi B, Janelle Monáe Set As Grammy Performers
- BBC & Smithsonian Channel Explore Origins Of Brexit In Doc Series ‘Inside Europe: 10 Years Of Turmoil’
- Martin Clunes Crime Drama ‘Manhunt’ Becomes ITV’s Highest-Rated New Drama Since ‘Broadchurch’ As 9M…