Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is The Man In Black A Human Or Host? 'Westworld' Co-Creator Lisa Joy On Season 2 Finale & What's Next
John Oliver Blasts Cable News Coverage Of Donald Trump's "Children In Cages" Immigration Strategy And Walk Back
Jimmy Fallon Gives Rare Slap Back At Donald Trump Over "Be A Man" Slag; Host Donates To TV Scribes' Stop Border Separation Campaign - UPDATE
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Is The Deadliest Lyft Driver Seeking Revenge In Sony Sequel
Latest TV News
- 'A Discovery Of Witches' Trailer: Demons & Witches Hide In Plain Sight In Sky Fantasy Drama
- ‘Skyfall’s Rory Kinnear & ‘The Crown's John Heffernan Join Benedict Cumberbatch’s C4 Drama ‘Brexit…
- Hugo Speer & Sharon Small To Topline Acorn TV’s Cop Drama ‘London Kills’
- England’s 6-1 Trouncing Of Panama Peaks With 14M Viewers & 82% Share On BBC One
- Discovery & Germany’s ProSiebenSat.1 Bring Together Digital Platforms To Take On Netflix & Amazon
- Vice Studios Wins First Gameshow Commission With ‘Beat The Internet With John Robins’ For UKTV