Dimension Films has acquired rights to the comedy guidebook How to Defeat Your Own Clone. Ed Ricourt, who wrote the feature treatment, is set to adapt the script. Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Eric Robinson of The Gotham Group are producing, Gotham’s Peter McHugh is exec producing and Matthew Stein and Matthew Singer are overseeing for Dimension. The book, written by Kyle Kurpinski and Terry D. Johnson, takes a humorous look at the possible ramifications of human cloning, and how one can outsmart and defeat your genetically engineered self if the need arises. The film would center on a clone-dominated society and one man’s quest to turn the tide back in favor of humans. “I’m excited to be working with Gotham and Ed Ricourt and feel this story has a fun and unique take on cloning that will be an entertaining movie for audiences,” Bob Weinstein said. Ricourt, who was part of the Marvel writing program, has his script Now You See Me, starring Jesse Eisenberg and directed by Louis Leterrier, in preproduction with Summit Entertainment. He is repped by CAA and The Gotham Group.
Dimension Acquires Rights To Comedy Guidebook 'How To Defeat Your Own Clone'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Still Loud With $147M+ – Early Sunday AM Update
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…