NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios, the NBCUniversal division run by chairman Bonnie Hammer, is making a top PR change as 2 veteran NBC Universal PR executives get new roles. Cory Shields has been named EVP, Communications of the division, overseeing the communications efforts of all its properties, which include USA Network, Syfy, E! Entertainment, G4, Sleuth, Chiller, Universal HD, and Universal Cable Studios. Meanwhile, SVP John Kelley, who had been Hammer’s top PR executive overseeing communications for the cable networks and studio under her purview, has been named to the new position of SVP, Communications, Pro-Social And Diversity Initiatives for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment And Cable Studios. He will report to Shields. Most recently Shields served as EVP Global Policy Strategies and Alliances, where he worked within the NBCUniversal anti-piracy team. Previously, he served as EVP, Communications for NBC Universal since June of 2006. He came to NBC Universal from Sony BMG Music Entertainment, where he served as SVP, Corporate Communications. Shield’s first tour of duty at NBC was from 1997-2004, rising to SVP, Corporate Communications. Kelley joined USA Network in 2002 as SVP, Communications.
Cory Shields To Head PR For NBCU Cable Entertainment, John Kelley Gets New Role
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation
- Charles Krauthammer Dies: Fox News Contributor & Pulitzer-Winning Columnist Was 68
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them