EXCLUSIVE: After Dark Films has purchased the action script El Gringo by Jonathan W. Stokes. Joel Silver will executive produce the film, which is set to begin production later this year. The plot centers on an American who crosses the border into Mexico with a bullet in his arm and $2.3 million in cash, looking to head to Acapulco and retire on the beach. But he discovers quickly that his plan is easier said than done. Stokes, repped by UTA and Energy Entertainment, also has written Murders and Acquisitions, an actioner set on Wall Street, and he wrote and directed The Last Hurrah, about the last night of a group of students before they graduate college.
After Dark Buys 'El Gringo' For Joel Silver
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Honors Marsha Hunt, Norman Lloyd, June Lockhart & Barbara Perry
- Roadside Attractions Acquires U.S. Rights To Tim Tebow’s ‘Run The Race’; CineTel Lands Int’l Distro Rights To ‘We Are Boats…
- ‘Flash’ Film Far From Fast: DC Hero’s Solo Movie On Pace For 2021 Release
- Lionsgate In Talks For Jay Roach’s Roger Ailes Project
- Mira Sorvino To Topline Indie Drama ‘Butter’ From Paul A. Kaufman
- Deadline’s The Contenders London Photo Studio 2018 – John Krasinski, Nicole Kidman, Letitia Wright, Rosamund Pike…