Universal and Gold Circle Films have announced that they teamed to acquire worldwide rights to Pitch Perfect, a musical comedy set in the world of college a cappella groups. Jason Moore will direct from a screenplay by Kay Cannon based on Mickey Rapkin’s nonfiction book Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory. Gold Circle will finance the project and produce it with Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman via their Brownstone Productions. Moore, who has directed numerous TV episodes and Shrek the Musical and Avenue Q on Broadway, is repped by WME; Cannon, who has written several episodes of 30 Rock, is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Universal And Gold Circle Acquire Rights To Musical Comedy 'Pitch Perfect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Chinese Property Developer JS Group Eyes Hollywood Movie Investments, Plans Oz Resort With ‘Marshall…
- Edgar Wright Sparks Doc; David Morrissey Joins ‘Good Omens’; Blockchain Platform TaTaTu Finds Partners…
- Wild Eye Releasing Sets Portuguese Horror Film ‘The Forest of the Lost Souls’ As Debut Theatrical Release
- Dick Van Dyke, Hayley Mills & Others Celebrate Disney Musical Legends Sherman Brothers At Joyous Motion Picture…
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum