EXCLUSIVE: They kicked butt on their previous shows, now they’re going toe-to-toe. British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw, the breakout star of J.J. Abrams’ short-lived NBC spy dramedy Undercovers, has landed the female lead opposite 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland in the Fox drama pilot Touch, written by Tim Kring. The project, which is considered a lock for a midseason series order, centers on Martin (Sutherland), who discovers that his genius son Jake (David Mazouz) is communicating with him through a complex series of numbers and may even be able to predict events before they happen. Mbatha-Raw will play Clea Hopkins, a social worker with Child and Family Services, who is evaluating Martin’s living situation to determine whether or not his son Jake should remain in the home. Mbatha-Raw completes the pilot’s core four-member cast, which also includes Danny Glover. Mbatha-Raw, repped by CAA, Principal and UK’s Curtis Brown, will next be seen in Larry Crowne.
'Undercovers' Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw Set As Female Lead In Fox's Pilot 'Touch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Clarifies Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Bashes Sarah Sanders’ Border Questions Dodge: Trump “Owns Locking Kids in Cages”
- Donald Trump Bullies House GOP, Admits Crying Tots Aren’t Good “Look” At Meeting On Baby-Snatching…
- Stephen King & J.J. Abrams’ ‘Castle Rock’ Sets Comic-Con World Premiere + More
- Fran Drescher Teases ‘The Nanny’ Revival: “We’re Talking About It”
- ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ Author Eddie Huang Teams With Propagate On Food-Focused Immigrant Series
- Netflix Goes ‘Inside The World’s Toughest Prisons’ With Latest Factual Original