Universal and Working Title’s adaptation of Les Miserables, which has The King’s Speech helmer Tom Hooper directing, is eyeing Hugh Jackman to play the lead role of Jean Valjean. But that doesn’t mean it’s a done deal — in fact, we hear that there’s been no offer and no talks as of yet. Still, Jackman, a Tony winner, seems the perfect choice for the musical adaptation of the Victor Hugo novel, which centers on the struggle by ex-con Valjean to outrun his past and his relentless pursuer Javert. It’s certain the project will attract a strong cast, so we’ll see.
Tom Hooper's 'Les Miserables' Wants Hugh Jackman To Play Jean Valjean
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink