Universal Pictures has just scheduled its laffer R.I.P.D. for June 28, 2013. The Robert Schwentke-directed supernatural comedy is based on a Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay-scripted film centering on a police force comprised of undead officers, based on the Peter Lenkov comic. (R.I.P.D. stands for the otherworldly Rest In Peace Department). Zach Galifianakis was going to star but exited over timing issues since Ryan Reynolds was on the hook for a Warner Bros sequel to Green Lantern. So Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges teamed up instead. R.I.P.D. is produced by Neal H. Moritz, Michael Fottrell, and Mike Richardson.
TOLDJA! Universal Schedules Jeff Bridges & Ryan Reynolds Corpse Comedy R.I.P.D.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Lethal Weapon' Season 3 Premiere: Riggs Gets Respectful Goodbye, Cole Receives Warm Welcome In Series Reset
'Dancing With The Stars: Juniors': Honey Boo Boo, Tripp Palin, Miles Brown To Cut A Rug On Reality Competition
'Manifest' Off To Strong Ratings Start, 'Magnum P.I.' Modest, 'The Good Doctor' Ties Series Low As New TV Season Starts
Latest Film News
- FilmNation Sets ‘Thelma’ Remake For ‘I, Tonya’s Craig Gillespie To Direct
- Tim Roth, Clive Owen Star In Francois Girard-Helmed ‘The Song Of Names’
- Element Pictures Partners Ed Guiney & Andrew Lowe In First Look Fox Searchlight Deal As ‘The Favourite…
- Viacom Gets Another Wall Street Analyst Upgrade On M&A Prospects, Sending Shares Higher – Update
- Cinedigm CEO Chris McGurk Offers New Details About OTT Streaming Service Bambu
- Austin Film Festival’s 25th Anniversary Lineup Set; ‘Donnybrook’ Among Fantastic Fest Winners; Screamfest Gets Help From Lin…