Reports about Universal’s dating of the John Le Carre adaptation Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy on November 18 have blown out of proportion about what occurred. Reports make it sound like the movie changed hands. It hasn’t, at all. Universal-owned Focus Features will put the picture out, something that was a possibility way back when Deadline revealed that the picture was acquired as one of the hottest titles at the Berlin Film Festival. It feels more like a Focus film. But there was no fresh acquisition, and Universal hasn’t stepped away from the film. It’s the same company. The Tomas Alfredson-directed film stars Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong and Ciaran Hinds.
'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' Gets Release Date, But Was Not Dropped By Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Film News
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List
- Writers Guild Awards 2019: ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ Take Top Prizes – Full…
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Trophy Show Here
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- The Film Academy’s Annual Report Shows Assets Way Up, But Bond Proceeds Going Fast