RJ Cutler, director of the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue, has optioned the rights to Rudolph Delson’s 2007 novel Maynard & Jennica, which he will adapt to direct as a feature. Maynard & Jennica is romantic comedy about a Gotham-based filmmaker who meets and has a relationship with a California transplant with stars in her eyes. In the book, the romance is told by 35 first-person narrators, ranging from friends to a macaw to dead ancestors. Cutler is currently executive producing Spring/Fall for HBO, which stars Tea Leoni, Hope Davis, Sigourney Weaver and Stockard Channing and is currently filming its pilot episode in New York. He is also developing as a feature Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the Lee Tulloch novel. Cutler is represented by CAA and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer Moves To 'Maynard & Jennica'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Christopher Plummer Crosses 'Boundaries'; Eugene Jarecki Drives 'The King' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Berlin Confirms Carlo Chatrian & Mariette Rissenbeek As New Festival Heads
- ‘Sicario: Day Of The Soldado’ Nabs Day-And-Date Saudi Arabia Release
- Chinese Property Developer JS Group Eyes Hollywood Movie Investments, Plans Oz Resort With ‘Marshall’ Backer Starlight
- Edgar Wright Sparks Doc; David Morrissey Joins ‘Good Omens’; Blockchain Platform TaTaTu Finds Partners — Global…
- Wild Eye Releasing Sets Portuguese Horror Film ‘The Forest of the Lost Souls’ As Debut Theatrical Release