RJ Cutler, director of the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue, has optioned the rights to Rudolph Delson’s 2007 novel Maynard & Jennica, which he will adapt to direct as a feature. Maynard & Jennica is romantic comedy about a Gotham-based filmmaker who meets and has a relationship with a California transplant with stars in her eyes. In the book, the romance is told by 35 first-person narrators, ranging from friends to a macaw to dead ancestors. Cutler is currently executive producing Spring/Fall for HBO, which stars Tea Leoni, Hope Davis, Sigourney Weaver and Stockard Channing and is currently filming its pilot episode in New York. He is also developing as a feature Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the Lee Tulloch novel. Cutler is represented by CAA and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer Moves To 'Maynard & Jennica'
What's Hot on Deadline
After 11 Years Pushing 'A Star Is Born', Producer Bill Gerber Is Restoring Neil Young In New Woodstock Documentary
Latest Film News
- Stanley Donen Appreciation: From ‘Singin’ In The Rain’ To ‘Two For The Road’ A Dazzling Cinematic Legacy…
- Spirit Awards: ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Wins Big; ‘Sorry To Bother You’, ‘Eighth Grade’ Honored – Full…
- Spirit Awards Live Blog: See How It Went Down At The 2019 Ceremony
- Fox Has Parked Ford Vs. Ferrari Movie In Awards Season; ‘Kingsman’ Prequel And ‘Free Guy’ Set…
- Stanley Donen Remembered: For Him, Life And Film “Were Inseparable”, Steven Spielberg Says
- Channing Tatum & His Production Company Free Association Sign With CAA