NBC changed the configuration of its Tuesday lineup last night – from a two-hour America’s Got Talent and an hourlong The Voice last week to an hourlong Talent and a two-hour The Voice. Both shows slipped in the transition. Talent (3.6/12 in adults 18-49, 12.7 million viewers) was down 16% from last week, while The Voice (4.5/12, 12.2 million), which aired its first live show last night, was down 8%. Still, the 4.5 demo rating is very strong for a summer telecast. NBC will likely win the night in total viewers pending time-zone adjusted results for Game 4 of the NBA Finals. ABC’s broadcast of the game, won by the Dallas Mavericks after some last-minute heroics, is expected to lift ABC to the top spot for the night in 18-49. The game delivered an 11.1 overnight rating, the highest of any program last night. Like it has been the pattern for the first 3 games, last night’s face-off was down slightly from last year’s Game 4 between the Lakers and the Celtics (-4%) but higher than the corresponding games the previous 6 years, including the one between Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks in 2006 (+22%). The only other fresh offering last night was the Tuesday season premiere of Fox’s MasterChef (1.9/6), which was up a tenth from its Monday season premiere.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Talent', 'Voice' Slip
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast