Thankfully, the 84th annual Academy Awards for film achievement in 2011 is not yet upon us. They’ll be held on Sunday, Feb. 26. But already Academy President Tom Sherak told me that he hopes to name the producers by August. That same month, Sherak will be up for re-election for his third and final term as President. Last year, on June 22, he named Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer to co-produce. But don’t look for that kind of early announcement this time. He did confirm he will be looking for a producing duo as has been the custom since 2008.
OSCAR: Sherak Won't Name Producing Duo This Month (Says More Like August)
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest Awardsline News
- Notes On The Season: Can Kevin Spacey Win An Emmy?; Jessica Biel On The Toll Of ‘The Sinner’; J.K. Simmons Stars…
- ‘Red Machete’ Producers Add To ‘The Walking Dead’ Lore, Examining Inanimate Protagonist
- How Composer Daniel Pemberton Brought The Funk To ‘Ocean’s 8’
- Hiro Murai Throws Out Rulebook With ‘Atlanta’, Delivers Visceral Action With ‘Barry’ & Wows With “This Is America”…
- Confronting Hollywood Ageism, ‘Mosaic’s Sharon Stone Refuses To Be Constrained
- Freddie Highmore Took Only Three Days To Transition From ‘Bates Motel’ To ABC Medical Drama ‘The Good Doctor…