Open Road, the distribution company hatched earlier this year by theater chains AMC and Regal with Tom Ortenberg at the helm, has set its first release. Open Road set a September 23, 2011 date for Killer Elite, the Gary McKendry-directed action thriller that stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro. The fact-based thriller is about an ex-special ops agent (Statham) lured out of retirement to rescue his mentor (De Niro). To do it, he must lay waste to three assassins with a cunning leader (Owen). The film was financed by Omnilab Media and produced through its Australian production arm Ambience Entertainment. Inferno is selling it around the world.
Open Road Sets First Release With Fall Date On 'Killer Elite'
What's Hot on Deadline
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Despite The Tabloid Tie To Kevin Tsujihara, Actress Charlotte Kirk Wants A Chance To Be Judged By Her Onscreen Work
Latest Film News
- ‘The Wire’ Creator David Simon Rips “Greedhead” Agencies Over Packaging, Urges Lawsuit Against ATA
- MoviePass Restores Movie-Per-Day Subscription Plan At $9.95 Teaser Rate
- Chris Cooper Joins Steve Carell & Rose Byrne In Jon Stewart’s Campaign Trail Comedy ‘Irresistible’ For Focus & Plan…
- Guillermo Del Toro, Martin Scorsese And Robert De Niro Highlight Tribeca Talks
- ‘Toy Story 4’ Trailer: First Full-Length Look At Woody’s Latest Adventure
- Another ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Poster: Margot Robbie As Sharon Tate