Open Road, the distribution company hatched earlier this year by theater chains AMC and Regal with Tom Ortenberg at the helm, has set its first release. Open Road set a September 23, 2011 date for Killer Elite, the Gary McKendry-directed action thriller that stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro. The fact-based thriller is about an ex-special ops agent (Statham) lured out of retirement to rescue his mentor (De Niro). To do it, he must lay waste to three assassins with a cunning leader (Owen). The film was financed by Omnilab Media and produced through its Australian production arm Ambience Entertainment. Inferno is selling it around the world.
Open Road Sets First Release With Fall Date On 'Killer Elite'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Jordan Peele's 'Us' At $6M+ Shushes 'The Nun', 'A Quiet Place' & 'Get Out' - Updated Thursday Night B.O.
When Will 'Parks And Recreation' Return? Co-Creator Michael Schur & Amy Poehler Offer Clues - PaleyFest
Fox News Risks Wrath Of Donald Trump, Keeping Jeanine Pirro Off Another Week After Racist On-Air Remark
Latest Film News
- ATA Gives WGA Raft Of Counterproposals On Key Issues; Talks Done For Day
- After Trying Day, Disney Sets Film Leadership Lineup
- WarnerMedia Will Add A Diversity Executive To Top Management Team
- Voltage Wins Legal Battle Over ‘The Professor And The Madman’ As Judge Tosses Copyright Suit
- Buddy Morra Dies: Comedy Talent Manager Who Helped Launch Billy Crystal’s Career
- Fox Film Team Faces Rocky Disney Future; Paul Feig Moves Label To Universal