Open Road, the distribution company hatched earlier this year by theater chains AMC and Regal with Tom Ortenberg at the helm, has set its first release. Open Road set a September 23, 2011 date for Killer Elite, the Gary McKendry-directed action thriller that stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro. The fact-based thriller is about an ex-special ops agent (Statham) lured out of retirement to rescue his mentor (De Niro). To do it, he must lay waste to three assassins with a cunning leader (Owen). The film was financed by Omnilab Media and produced through its Australian production arm Ambience Entertainment. Inferno is selling it around the world.
Open Road Sets First Release With Fall Date On 'Killer Elite'
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest Film News
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA
- Screen Gems Nabs ‘Superfecundation’ Script From Savion Einstein
- Daveed Diggs, Rafael Casal Go 'Blindspotting'; Bleecker Street Opens 'McQueen' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Miles Davis: Birth Of The Cool’ Doc Tunes Up From Eagle Rock Entertainment & American Masters
- Makeready Sets ‘Queen & Slim’; Daniel Kaluuya Stars, Melina Matsoukas Directs Lena Waithe Script