Open Road, the distribution company hatched earlier this year by theater chains AMC and Regal with Tom Ortenberg at the helm, has set its first release. Open Road set a September 23, 2011 date for Killer Elite, the Gary McKendry-directed action thriller that stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro. The fact-based thriller is about an ex-special ops agent (Statham) lured out of retirement to rescue his mentor (De Niro). To do it, he must lay waste to three assassins with a cunning leader (Owen). The film was financed by Omnilab Media and produced through its Australian production arm Ambience Entertainment. Inferno is selling it around the world.
Open Road Sets First Release With Fall Date On 'Killer Elite'
What's Hot on Deadline
Patrick Wilson & Vera Farmiga To Reprise 'Conjuring' Roles As The Warrens In Third 'Annabelle' Movie
Latest Film News
- Keira Knightley, Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Jessie Buckley To Star In Miss World Film ‘Misbehaviour’ For Left Bank & Pathé…
- What Would Netflix Do Without ‘Friends?’
- Netflix Would Like Hollywood To Know It’s A Star Factory
- Brendan Gleeson, Ariyon Bakare Join ‘A Family Vacation’
- ‘Cats’: Idris Elba Boarding Universal-Working Title Movie As Macavity
- Netflix Awards Contender ‘Roma’ To Play 100 Screens Worldwide & Stream Simultaneously