EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Williams has emerged as the front runner to play Eleanor Roosevelt the Roger Michell-directed Hyde Park on the Hudson for Focus Features. She is in talks to join her Rushmore co-star Bill Murray, who plays Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and Laura Linney, who’ll play FDR’s distant cousin and mistress. The Richard Nelson-scripted film is about a visit by King George VI to Hyde Park, the upstate New York home of the Roosevelt family in 1939. While the stakes are high—momentum was building toward WWII—the trip also happened as FDR’s wife discovered his affair with his cousin. Williams, most recently seen onscreen in Hanna, is repped by ICM.
Olivia Williams Courted To Play Eleanor Roosevelt Role In 'Hyde Park On The Hudson'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The House With A Clock In Its Walls' Waking Up To $24M+ Alarm; Counterprogramming Hits Snooze - Saturday Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman 3’ Set For Nov. 2019 Return With Matthew Vaughn On Board
- ‘The Wrong Todd’ Clip: The Evil Twin Sci-Fi Romantic Comedy You’ve Been Waiting For
- #WhyIDidntReport Confessions On Sex Assaults Mushroom In Wake Of Trump Tweet
- ‘Rafiki’ Ban Temporarily Lifted By Kenyan Government; Film Held Out Of Cannes Now Eligible As Oscar Submission
- ChelseyRai S. Standberry Dies: Local TV Actress & Her 3 Children Killed In Accident
- Oscars: France Selects ‘Memoir Of War’ For Foreign Language Submission