EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Williams has emerged as the front runner to play Eleanor Roosevelt the Roger Michell-directed Hyde Park on the Hudson for Focus Features. She is in talks to join her Rushmore co-star Bill Murray, who plays Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and Laura Linney, who’ll play FDR’s distant cousin and mistress. The Richard Nelson-scripted film is about a visit by King George VI to Hyde Park, the upstate New York home of the Roosevelt family in 1939. While the stakes are high—momentum was building toward WWII—the trip also happened as FDR’s wife discovered his affair with his cousin. Williams, most recently seen onscreen in Hanna, is repped by ICM.
Olivia Williams Courted To Play Eleanor Roosevelt Role In 'Hyde Park On The Hudson'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood & Beltway On Summit: Schwarzenegger Calls Donald Trump "Little Wet Noodle, Little Fan Boy" - Update
Latest Film News
- Ron Burkle’s Yucaipa Sues Lantern For Fraud Over Weinstein Co. Sale Deal
- Netflix Brass Spins Q2 Miss: “Fundamentals Have Never Been Stronger”
- Sophia Bush & Michael Dorman To Star In Music-Inspired Indie ‘Hard Luck Love Song’
- ‘Rugrats’ Returns With Nickelodeon Series Revival & Live-Action Paramount Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Actress Trace Lysette To Star & Produce ‘Colors Of Ava’
- Paralympian Actress Katy Sullivan Chides Dwayne Johnson For Playing Amputee In ‘Skyscraper’