If you thought that Facebook might be gearing up to compete with Netflix, then think again. Netflix CEO Reed Hastings just joined Facebook’s board of directors. “Facebook is propelling a fundamental change in how people connect with each other and share all kinds of content,” Hastings says. He added that he wants to help Facebook “take advantage of all the opportunities ahead.” The Facebook board also includes CEO Mark Zuckerberg, investors Marc Andreessen, Jim Breyer, and Peter Thiel as well as the Washington Post’s Donald Graham. Hastings also sits on Microsoft’s board.
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Friends Facebook Board Of Directors
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast