EXCLUSIVE: Phil Claydon has been hired by Mandate Pictures to direct Miserable Excuse For A Hero, the D.V. De Vincentis-scripted adaptation of Bob Powers’ comic novel You Are A Miserable Excuse For A Hero. In the book, a 30-year-old part-time actor/full-time waiter goes on a date with a girl he kind of likes. The next day, he’s awakened by a phone call from kidnappers who tell him they have his girlfriend, and will kill her if he doesn’t come up with $50,000 in ransom. Considering he barely knows the girl, he’s conflicted. Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd are producing. Claydon directed Lesbian Vampire Killers and is working on Dan Mintner: Badass For Hire.
Mandate Hires Phil Claydon To Direct 'Miserable Excuse For A Hero'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In…
- Sammy Davis Jr. Biopic Project Sets Up At Paramount Pictures
- Amblin, Sam Mendes Set WWI Drama ‘1917’ As His First Directing Effort Since James Bond Pics ‘Spectre’ & ‘Skyfall…