EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Shark Tank' Judges And Producers Spill Secrets On Eve Of 200th Episode: "I'm Surprised More Entrepreneurs Don't Bomb" - Tribeca TV Festival
Alyssa Milano Comes Forward With #WhyIDidntReport Story: "It Meant Recognizing My Attacker’s Existence"
'The House With A Clock In Its Walls' Sounding Near $27M Alarm; Counterprogramming Still In Deep Sleep
Latest Film News
- Gary Kurtz Dies: ‘Star Wars’ & ‘American Graffiti’ Producer Was 78
- E! People’s Choice Awards Finalists Set – Voting Open Through Oct. 19
- ‘Bumblebee’ Trailer: Transformers Prequel Bugs Out In Cali Junkyard
- Byron Allen Launches International Sales & Distribution Division; ’47 Meters Down’ Sequel Is First Title
- Al Matthews: ‘Aliens’ & ‘Superman III’ Star Dies Aged 75
- MoviePass Films Takes Equity Stakes In NEON Films ‘Monsters And Men’ & ‘Border’