EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Latest Film News
- Disney’s Bob Iger On Need For Fox Deal: “The Consumer Is Voting — Loudly”
- ‘Awakening: After Parkland’ Short Doc Bows From ‘Science Fair’ Filmmakers & First Look Media’s…
- ‘Welcome To Marwen’ Trailer: Steve Carell Weaponizes Art In Robert Zemeckis Pic
- CBS Battle With Shari Redstone Moves Forward; Judge Combos Suits, Declines Stay
- George Clooney In Early Talks To Direct Fox Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Echo’
- Warner Bros Claims Spain Court Victory Following Piracy Dispute