EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle & Ryan Gosling’s ‘First Man’ To Open 75th Venice Film Festival
- ‘After’: Shane Paul McGhie, Khadijha Red Thunder Cast In Film Adaptation
- Joker Origin Pic With Joaquin Phoenix Gets 2019 Release From Warner Bros
- Sony Moves Tarantino’s Manson Pic, Dates ‘Zombieland 2’ & ‘Little Women’
- Box Office In First Half Of 2018 Rises 10% On Huge Q2 Swell, Per NATO
- Jackson White To Star With Kelsey Grammer In ‘The Space Between’