EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- R. Kelly Indicted On 10 Felony Counts Of Aggravated Sexual Abuse With Minors
- Notes On The Season: New Jersey Bookies Betting On Oscar; ‘Roma’ Stars Bid Farewell To The Circuit; Tarantino Saves…
- Brody Stevens Dies: Stand-Up Comedian And Film/TV Actor Was 48
- Oscars Pregame Warmup: Watch Deadline’s Reviews Of All Eight Best Picture Nominees
- Oscars Ratings Drop Sees ABC Offering Advertisers Guarantees For First Time
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’, ‘Late Show’ Teams Win At Publicists Guild Awards