EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
Latest Film News
- Nancy Wilson Dies: Grammy-Winning Singer, Actress Was 81
- Jerry Seinfeld On Kevin Hart Oscars Controversy: “Kevin’s Gonna Be Fine”
- Sondra Locke Dies: Oscar Nominee & Clint Eastwood Co-Star/Ex Was 74
- STX’s ‘UglyDolls’ To Launch First Weekend Of May
- Barry Jenkins Back With 'Beale Street’; Lars Von Trier Has ‘House That Jack Built’ – Specialty…
- Universal Dates Sam Mendes’ ‘1917’ For Christmas 2019