EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- Mira Sorvino To Topline Indie Drama ‘Butter’ From Paul A. Kaufman
- Deadline’s The Contenders London Photo Studio 2018 – John Krasinski, Nicole Kidman, Letitia Wright, Rosamund Pike…
- Potent Summer Movies Propel Total Box Office 9% Ahead Of 2017 Levels
- Tom Bateman To Reprise Role In ‘Death on the Nile’ Adaptation At Fox; New Release Date Set
- Diane Lane Signs With WME
- ‘The Hate U Give’: Arlissa Performs “We Won’t Move”, Says Film Brings Hope & Change – The…