EXCLUSIVE: I hear Clint Eastwood is using his time with Leonardo DiCaprio on the J Edgar Hoover biopic to discuss the director’s new Warner Bros project A Star Is Born. Clint is hoping to team Leo with Beyoncé, who’s already set for the musical. Clint is producing through Malpaso as well as helming the script by Will Fetters. Producers are Billy Gerber and Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters (who made the infamous version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson). The project has been at WB for several years, and there’d been talk of pairing Beyoncé and Will Smith. But casting Leo as the male lead would make for a much more interesting movie. There have been a trio of A Star Is Born versions made since the 1930s, the last one coming in 1976 with Kristofferson playing the boozer and Streisand the wannabe. Or even #4 if you consider What Price Hollywood (1932) made by George Cukor, which is often forgotten.
DiCaprio With Beyoncé In 'A Star Is Born'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Dave Bautista Stands For Felled 'Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn As Free Speech Chill Sets Into Hollywood
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
'Supergirl' Adds Nicole Maines As Transgender Superhero; April Parker Jones & David Ajala Also Cast - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine…
- ‘Women Who Kick Ass’ Panel Talks Shift In Hollywood & Need For Female Role Models For Young Men…
- ‘Cut Throat City’ Trailer: RZA Goes From Martial Arts To Heist Drama In Hurricane Katrina-Era Pic…
- Harvey Weinstein & Former Crisis PR Firm’s Legal Dust-Up To Be Short Lived
- Sen. Ted Cruz On James Gunn: “He Needs To Be Prosecuted If The Tweets Are True”
- ‘Deadly Class’ EP Joe Russo On Syfy Adaptation & Next ‘Avengers’ Movie – Comic-Con