Universal and director Tom Hooper want Hugh Jackman for the role of Jean Valjean in Les Miserables. So who might stalk him in the role of Javert? I’m told that Paul Bettany is a candidate and that he read for the role and sang the songs from the Cameron Mackintosh-produced stage hit. Mackintosh is producing the film with Working Title partners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, and Bill Nicholson has written the script. The intention is to begin production before year’s end, somewhere in Europe. Let’s see if this goes anywhere.
If Hugh Jackman Plays Jean Valjean, Will Paul Bettany Play Javert In 'Les Miserables'?
What's Hot on Deadline
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
Latest Film News
- Bi Gan’s Cannes Pic ‘Long Day’s Journey Into Night’ Gets U.S. Deal Via Kino Lorber
- Trevor Donovan, Jillian Murray Headline ‘Prescription for Love’; Leonardo Nam, Sheetal Sheth Star In ‘Hummingbird…
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Star KiKi Layne Inks With WME
- Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
- Jay Duplass Inks With Odenkirk-Provissiero For Management
- Harvey Weinstein Fails To Get Sex Trafficking Suit Dropped; Bob Weinstein Cut From Case