EXCLUSIVE: Gold Circle Films has optioned David Rosenfelt’s novel On Borrowed Time, a Hitchcockian thriller published by St. Martin’s Press. Rosenfelt is a former marketing executive who became a screenwriter and then an author. His first novel, the Edgar Award-nominated Open & Shut, hatched a series on a lawyer who takes on impossible cases, particularly if they involve dogs. In his new novel, Rosenfelt focuses on a journalist who’s about to ask his girlfriend to marry him when they get into an accident and she disappears. Her family and even his friends claim she never existed. As he writes about his ordeal in magazine articles, it’s unclear whether the journalist is delusional, the subject of memory experiments, or is the victim of a conspiracy. Summit Talent & Literary Agency and Writers House made his deal, and Gold Circle’s Guy Danella is the exec.
Gold Circle Acquires David Rosenfelt Thriller Novel 'On Borrowed Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office