FX has added another No.1 box-office opener to its collection of film acquisitions. The cable network has closed a deal for the TV rights to X-Men: First Class, which opened at the top spot last weekend with $55.1 million. Last week, FX picked up Hangover II, which was the box-office champ the previous weekend. The acquisition of First Class, produced by sister studio Twentieth Century Fox, completes FX’s X-Men collection. The network also has the first 3 films in the franchise. On the strength of their rebroadcasts last week as well as a Two and a Half Men Memorial Day marathon, FX finished last week at No.3 basic cable network among adults 18-49. X-Men is joined by other superhero movie franchises whose rights FX owns, including Spiderman, Fantastic Four and the X-Men offshoot Wolverine. Through its output deal with Marvel, FX is getting Thor and the upcoming Captain America this year. Here is a list of other No.1-opening movies this year that FX has bought: Disney’s Tron: Legacy, Sony’s The Green Hornet, Screen Gems’ The Roommate, Sony’s Just Go With It, Paramount’s animated Rango, Sony’s Battle: Los Angeles and Marvel’s Thor.
FX Nabs TV Rights To 'X-Men: First Class'
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest TV News
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border