FX announced today that it has picked up commercial TV rights to two more box-office biggies: Warner Bros’ Green Lantern and Fox’s Mr Popper’s Penguins, which finshed No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in the domestic box office race this past weekend. FX last week acquired rights to J.J. Abrams’ Super 8, which finished No. 2 during its second frame for the weekend. The network has been busy buying up tentpole-type movies, already nabbing X-Men: First Class, The Hangover Part II, Tron: Legacy, The Green Hornet, The Roommate, Just Go With It, Rango, Battle: Los Angeles and Thor.
FX Adds To Tentpole Pile, Nabs Rights To 'Green Lantern', 'Mr. Popper's Penguins'
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest Film News
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA
- Screen Gems Nabs ‘Superfecundation’ Script From Savion Einstein
- Daveed Diggs, Rafael Casal Go 'Blindspotting'; Bleecker Street Opens 'McQueen' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Miles Davis: Birth Of The Cool’ Doc Tunes Up From Eagle Rock Entertainment & American Masters
- Makeready Sets ‘Queen & Slim’; Daniel Kaluuya Stars, Melina Matsoukas Directs Lena Waithe Script