Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman’s father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring. No deal yet, but Crowe brings presence to the film. Still waiting to see if he ends up making his directorial debut in 77, the David Matthews-scripted LAPD cop drama. Crowe, who last starred in The Next Three Days, most recently wrapped The Man With The Iron Fists. WME reps Crowe.
Forget Brando: Russell Crowe Could Be New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
Latest Film News
- ‘TMNT’ Producer Galen Walker Ties Up With ToonBox In Co-Production Deal
- Filmmaker Tony Kaye Casts Robot As Lead Actor In Next Feature
- Sam Peckinpah’s Unproduced Screenplay ‘Castaway’ Acquired By Serbian Producer
- YouTube Partners With Roadside Attractions To Launch Susan Sarandon Thriller ‘Viper Club’ Theatrically
- Visual Effects Society Names Its 2018 Hall Of Famers & Other Career Honorees
- From Shakespeare To Elton John: Composer Shaina Taub Gets Ready To Wear ‘Prada’ – On Theater