Russell Crowe is in talks to play Jor-El in Man Of Steel, taking the cameo role of Superman’s father that was played by Marlon Brando in the Richard Donner-directed 1978 Superman. Kevin Costner plays Pa Kent, the earthbound patriarch of Clark Kent. Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon are also starring. No deal yet, but Crowe brings presence to the film. Still waiting to see if he ends up making his directorial debut in 77, the David Matthews-scripted LAPD cop drama. Crowe, who last starred in The Next Three Days, most recently wrapped The Man With The Iron Fists. WME reps Crowe.
Forget Brando: Russell Crowe Could Be New Jor-El In 'Man Of Steel'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The House With A Clock In Its Walls' Waking Up To $24M+ Alarm; Counterprogramming Hits Snooze - Saturday Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The Wrong Todd’ Clip: The Evil Twin Sci-Fi Romantic Comedy You’ve Been Waiting For
- #WhyIDidntReport Confessions On Sex Assaults Mushroom In Wake Of Trump Tweet
- ‘Rafiki’ Ban Temporarily Lifted By Kenyan Government; Film Held Out Of Cannes Now Eligible As Oscar Submission
- ChelseyRai S. Standberry Dies: Local TV Actress & Her 3 Children Killed In Accident
- Oscars: France Selects ‘Memoir Of War’ For Foreign Language Submission
- L.A. Music Scene Horror Thriller ‘High Voltage’ Gets Theatrical Jolt From SP Releasing