SAG and AFTRA already announced that they planned meetings for no later than June 30 for their AFTRA New Union Committee and SAG Merger Task Force to discuss uniting the unions. Now the dates for the first meeting have been set: June 17-19 in Silver Spring, Md. The groups will be tasked with developing a merger agreement, a constitution and a national dues structure for a “new successor union,” the guilds said earlier this month.
First SAG-AFTRA Merger Meeting Scheduled
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest Film News
- Hot ‘Cherry’ Book Auction Handcuffed Because Imprisoned Author Has Run Short Of Phone Call Minutes
- Ming-Na Wen Reflects On ‘The Joy Luck Club’ 25 Years Later, Praises ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ As Another “Historical”…
- ‘Jane’ Director Brett Morgen Talks Meaningful Posthumous Emmy Nom For Hugo van Lawick – Awardsline…
- Alex Pettyfer's Directorial Debut Film ‘Back Roads’ Lands At Samuel Goldwyn
- Chernin Entertainment Promotes David Ready To Exec Veep Film & Television
- Adam Sandler, A24 Pic ‘Uncut Gems’ Adds Hollywood Veteran Judd Hirsch