EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films has acquired Flight 75, a pitch for a thriller that will be directed by The Grudge helmer Takashi Shimizu. Project was bought on a treatment by Shimizu and a writer will be set momentarily. It is described as a claustrophobic thriller set on a transpacific airliner where the passengers encounter what appears to be a supernatural force. Shimizu reteams with Grudge producer Taka Ichise, who’ll produce with The Ring‘s Roy Lee and Insidious‘ Steven Schneider. John Middleton is exec producer. Shimizu has been looking for the right fit for his next English-language project and this is expected to be it. They hope to get it mounted by the fall. It becomes another in a flurry of projects set up by CBS Films, which has Gambit in production with Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz; just put Ed Zwick on the Vince Flynn bestseller American Assassin; and an adaptation of the Marie Lu novel Legend, to be directed by Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies). ICM reps Shimizu.
CBS Films Boards 'Flight 75' With 'The Grudge' Helmer Takashi Shimizu
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own
- ‘The King' Reigns Over Mixed Weekend of Openers; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Robustly: Specialty Box Office
- David Lynch: Trump Could Be “One Of The Greatest Presidents In History”
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International…
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?