CAA has signed Davis Guggenheim, director of the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Guggenheim, who is at work on a documentary about U2, last directed Waiting for Superman, winner of the Audience Award at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Guggenheim, who’d been repped by WME, also previously directed and produced the riveting music docu It Might Get Loud with U2’s The Edge, Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and White Stripes’ Jack White, and he directed the biographical film on Barack Obama that aired during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. He also directs a lot of television, including The Unit and The Defender, and has an overall deal with CBS/Paramount Television.
CAA Signs 'Inconvenient Truth' Docu Director Davis Guggenheim
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Meghan McCain On Donald Trump's Complaint About Dad's Funeral: "I Don't Expect Decency From Trump Family"
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Latest Film News
- WarnerMedia Will Add A Diversity Executive To Top Management Team
- Voltage Wins Legal Battle Over ‘The Professor And The Madman’ As Judge Tosses Copyright Suit
- Buddy Morra Dies: Comedy Talent Manager Who Helped Launch Billy Crystal’s Career
- Fox Film Team Faces Rocky Disney Future; Paul Feig Moves Label To Universal
- Fox International Distribution Head Andrew Cripps Also Out Post-Merger; More Names
- 20th Century Fox Corporate Communications EVP Dan Berger Out Amid Layoffs