Relativity Media has announced that it has tapped Watchman screenwriter Alex Tse to pen the company’s “reinvention” of The Crow, which first appeared as a 1994 film starring Brandon Lee that was based on the James O’Barr comic book series. Bradley Cooper is attached to star and Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is aboard to direct. Tse is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment. Of course, this is the project, from Edward R. Pressman and Apaches Entertainment, that has Relativity and the Weinstein Company trading lawsuits over disputed distribution rights to the pic; the Weinstein brothers distributed the 1994 film via their Miramax.
Alex Tse To Pen Relativity's 'Crow' Redo
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL' Blooper Reel: Features Laugh-Worthy Outtakes From Ryan Gosling, Will Ferrell, Tiffany Haddish + More
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti
Latest Film News
- Netflix Celebrates World Emoji Day With “Recomojis” On Facebook Messenger
- Sony Pictures Hires Ellene V. Miles As SVP Intersectional Marketing
- “Lawnmower Man” Director Brett Leonard Shooting Scripted VR Series “Hollywood Rooftop”
- Cinthya Carmona Joins ‘The Tax Collector’; Cathy Shim Cast In ‘The Sun Is Also A Star’; Jake Allyn In ‘Kill Me Twice…
- Netflix Terminates Contract With The Weinstein Co.
- LA Film Festival Moves Into New Oscar-Season Berth With Diverse Programs, Partnerships