UPDATE: WME has just signed one of Hollywood’s most famous scorers and Oscar-winner Hans Zimmer from the Gorfaine-Schwartz Agency which until recently enjoyed a virtual monopoly on the film music market as big name agencies had divested themselves of representing composers. But WME recently got into the composer rep biz in a big way with the hiring of GSA’s Amos Newman. Zimmer had been talking to other talent tenpercenteries to redefine his Remote Control Productions team. For nearly 3 decades Zimmer has composed music for over 100 films including winning an Oscar for The Lion King. His other scores include Gladiator, The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes, Inception, and Rango.
WME Signs Famed Composer Hans Zimmer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Latest Film News
- Composer Carter Burwell Captures Hopes, Dreams & Bleakness Of Old West For ‘The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs’…
- ‘Cold War’ Cinematographer Lukasz Zal Brings High-Contrast Black And White To Emotionally Volatile Love Story
- Jake Gyllenhaal To Star In Remake Of Danish Oscar Entry ‘The Guilty’
- ‘Thriller’ Filmmaker Dallas Jackson Inks With APA
- ‘Toxic Avenger’ Movie Reboot In Works At Legendary
- Oscars: Foreign Language Shortlist Voting Nears The Wire; A Preview Of Possibilities