Lionsgate and director Gary Ross have set Wes Bentley to play Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games, the film that stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth. Crane is the head gamesmaker of the 74th Hunger Games, which pits teens from 12 districts in a televised battle to the death. This is the first of several adult roles that will be cast. Rumored participants include John C. Reilly, as District 12’s only living past winner and current drunk Haymitch, but Lionsgate labeled that absolutely false when it came up a couple weeks ago, and nobody lies to Deadline, right? The pic will be released March 23, 2012.
Wes Bentley Joins 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Reveals 2018 New Members: Jodie Whittaker, Hugh Grant, Letitia Wright, Willem Dafoe Among Crop; See Full List
- BBC Films Hires Former Number 9 Exec Claudia Yusef As Head Of Development
- ‘First Man’ Sound Editors Capture Neil Armstrong’s Journey To The Moon With Authentic, Evocative Palette
- A Fervent Plea To Hollywood’s Film Academy: Consider The No-Host Oscar Option
- Bill Siegel Dies: Emmy-Winning ‘Trials Of Muhammad Ali’ Director Was 55
- Scott Derrickson Back To Direct Next ‘Doctor Strange’ Movie