Lionsgate and director Gary Ross have set Wes Bentley to play Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games, the film that stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth. Crane is the head gamesmaker of the 74th Hunger Games, which pits teens from 12 districts in a televised battle to the death. This is the first of several adult roles that will be cast. Rumored participants include John C. Reilly, as District 12’s only living past winner and current drunk Haymitch, but Lionsgate labeled that absolutely false when it came up a couple weeks ago, and nobody lies to Deadline, right? The pic will be released March 23, 2012.
Wes Bentley Joins 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Jordan Peele's 'Us' At $6M+ Shushes 'The Nun', 'A Quiet Place' & 'Get Out' - Updated Thursday Night B.O.
When Will 'Parks And Recreation' Return? Co-Creator Michael Schur & Amy Poehler Offer Clues - PaleyFest
Fox News Risks Wrath Of Donald Trump, Keeping Jeanine Pirro Off Another Week After Racist On-Air Remark
Latest Film News
- ATA Gives WGA Raft Of Counterproposals On Key Issues; Talks Done For Day
- After Trying Day, Disney Sets Film Leadership Lineup
- WarnerMedia Will Add A Diversity Executive To Top Management Team
- Voltage Wins Legal Battle Over ‘The Professor And The Madman’ As Judge Tosses Copyright Suit
- Buddy Morra Dies: Comedy Talent Manager Who Helped Launch Billy Crystal’s Career
- Fox Film Team Faces Rocky Disney Future; Paul Feig Moves Label To Universal