EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired Save the Date, a pitch that will be written by Tom Gormican and produced by Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner. The romantic comedy is set around wedding season in New York City. In the run-up to a big celebration, the lives of many Gotham couples intersect as they explore the question of what marriage means today, and why anybody chooses that fate. Toby Ascher is exec producer and Liz Buraglia is supervising for Original. Deal was worth low six-figures for Gormican, whose script Are We Officially Dating? landed on last year’s Black List. The scribe, who’s repped by Underground and WME, recently was hired to write Emily Post for Warner Bros.
Sony Pictures Lands Pitch 'Save The Date'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- Veteran Disney France Chief Jean-François Camilleri Announces Departure
- Jeremy Thomas Relocates RPC & HanWay Films From Iconic Soho Building To West London Venue Steeped In Music History
- Cannes: ‘Capernaum’s Nadine Labaki Named President Of Un Certain Regard Jury
- Elaborate ‘Alien’ High School Production Gets Hollywood’s Attention
- Jordan Peele Talks Being A Black Auteur And Disproving Myths Of Representation In Hollywood
- Women In Film Los Angeles Adds Five New Board Members