EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired Save the Date, a pitch that will be written by Tom Gormican and produced by Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner. The romantic comedy is set around wedding season in New York City. In the run-up to a big celebration, the lives of many Gotham couples intersect as they explore the question of what marriage means today, and why anybody chooses that fate. Toby Ascher is exec producer and Liz Buraglia is supervising for Original. Deal was worth low six-figures for Gormican, whose script Are We Officially Dating? landed on last year’s Black List. The scribe, who’s repped by Underground and WME, recently was hired to write Emily Post for Warner Bros.
Sony Pictures Lands Pitch 'Save The Date'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
Latest Film News
- Michael B Jordan And First Look At ‘Creed II’
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Raises Big Bucks For Democrats’ Midterms Efforts In SoCal
- Long-time BFI Head Of International Isabel Davis Appointed Executive Director For Scotland’s Screen Unit
- Karlovy Vary Festival To Fete Tim Robbins With Crystal Globe; Terry Gilliam, Anna Paquin, John Lesher Among Guests
- Stephen Merchant To Play Gestapo Agent In Taika Waititi’s WWII Satire ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- BAFTA Implements New Diversity Requirements For 2019 Film Awards