EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired Save the Date, a pitch that will be written by Tom Gormican and produced by Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner. The romantic comedy is set around wedding season in New York City. In the run-up to a big celebration, the lives of many Gotham couples intersect as they explore the question of what marriage means today, and why anybody chooses that fate. Toby Ascher is exec producer and Liz Buraglia is supervising for Original. Deal was worth low six-figures for Gormican, whose script Are We Officially Dating? landed on last year’s Black List. The scribe, who’s repped by Underground and WME, recently was hired to write Emily Post for Warner Bros.
Sony Pictures Lands Pitch 'Save The Date'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jeff Bridges To Be Honored With Cecil B. DeMille Award At Golden Globes
- Charlotte Rampling To Receive Honorary Berlin Golden Bear; Macao Winners — Global Briefs
- ‘Float Like A Butterfly’ First Trailer: Irish Boxing Drama From ‘Sing Street’ Producer Won TIFF FIPRESCI…
- Feature Docs About ‘Lion’ Writer Luke Davies & Sir George Martin’s Air Studios Score Screen…
- Phoenix Critics Circle Names ‘The Favourite’ As Best Picture
- ‘Aquaman’ Reels In $261M Overseas; ‘Spider-Verse’ Swings To $21M Bow – International Box Office