Law & Order veteran Sam Waterston has booked his first post-L&O series regular role: a supporting part in the Aaron Sorkin’s drama pilot for HBO tentatively titled More As This Story Develops. The project centers on cable news anchor Will McCallister (Jeff Daniels), who has his own show, as well as the show’s female executive producer and staff. Emily Mortimer is yet to close her deal for the female lead of the executive producer, MacKenzie. Waterston will play Charles Skinner, the president of the cable news division and Will’s immediate superior who hired MacKenzie behind Will’s back. In addition to Daniels, Waterston joins recently cast Olivia Munn and Alison Pill.
Sam Waterston Joins Aaron Sorkin’s HBO Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Composer Talks Traditional Japanese Sound For Shogun World & New Themes For ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season…
- NBC Buys Music Drama From ‘Nashville’ Alums, Milo Ventimiglia & Craig Brewer
- ‘One Day At A Time’: India de Beaufort & Alex Quijano To Recur In Season 3
- Stormy Daniels NOT In British ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Reportedly Pulls Out At The Last Minute
- Donald Trump “Threats” Won’t Stop Omarosa’s ‘Unhinged’, Publisher Says
- ‘America's Got Talent’ Tops Viewers, ‘Big Brother’ Wins Demo