One thing missing so far from the upcoming film Woody Allen will shoot in Italy has been … Italian actors. Allen has so far set Jesse Eisenberg, Penelope Cruz, Ellen Page and Alec Baldwin. I’m hearing that Allen will land iconic Italian director/actor Roberto Benigni to join the ensemble cast. For the most part, Benigni hasn’t been seen in these parts since he was climbing over seated superstars to accept the Academy Award for Best Foreign Film and then later bounding up and saying he wanted to make love to everyone after he was named Best Actor in the 1997 film Life is Beautiful. The last dull Oscarcast could certainly have used him. I believe he’ll be announced as part of Allen’s The Wrong Picture cast at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival, where Allen premieres his latest film, Midnight in Paris.
Roberto Benigni Resurfacing For Woody Allen's Italy-Based Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Claims Spain Court Victory Following Piracy Dispute
- ‘Creed II’: Watch Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone In First Trailer
- ‘The Predator’ Set To Invade San Diego Comic-Con
- Marvel Skips SDCC But Seattle Is ‘Avengers’ Central This Weekend
- Robert Zemeckis Taking On Roald Dahl’s ‘The Witches’
- More MoviePass Drama: Stock See-Saws As Parent Company Pitches Ways To Avoid Nasdaq Delisting