EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that New Line closed a deal Friday night for The Watching Hour, a horror film written by Carey and Shane Van Dyke that will be produced by Mary Parent and Michael Connolly of Mad Hatter Entertainment. The spec’s described as a home invasion film, only with aliens. Still trying to get confirmation, but I’ve heard the writers are the grandsons of the great comic actor Dick Van Dyke. Paradigm brokered the deal.
New Line Scares Up Spec Deal For 'The Watching Hour'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
ABC Midseason Schedule: 'A Million Little Things' On Thursday, 'Dancing With the Stars' On Break, 'Whiskey' & 'Fix' Slotted
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Assistant Movie: ‘Ozark’ Star Julia Garner In Negotiations To Play Lead
- AR Content Sets Kevin Macdonald & Rosanne Korenberg To Produce Pre-Holocaust WWII Refugee Docu That Parallels…
- Comedy ‘Sink Or Swim’ Posts Studiocanal’s Best Box Office Result In France As Remake Interest Grows
- Berlin Film Fest Competition: François Ozon, Fatih Akin In Lineup; Charles Ferguson ‘Watergate’ Doc Gets…
- ‘Playmobil: The Movie’ First Trailer: Anya Taylor-Joy, Adam Lambert, Meghan Trainor, Daniel Radcliffe Voice…
- Netflix Buys Horror Pic ‘Eli’ From Paramount