Chris Licht, co-creator and an original executive producer of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, has been hired by CBS News as VP Programming, the network announced today. Licht will oversee programming and development for CBS News broadcasts when he begins his new gig June 6. “Chris is one of the most talented producers in this business, and it is great for CBS News that he is joining us,” CBS News chairman Jeff Fager said. “He will be a significant partner in improving our existing broadcasts and developing new ones.” Before Morning Joe, Licht was a senior producer on another MSNBC show hosted by Joe Scarborough, Scarborough Country, and later was elevated to executive producer.
'Morning Joe' Co-Creator Chris Licht Joins CBS News As VP Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
Despite The Tabloid Tie To Kevin Tsujihara, Actress Charlotte Kirk Wants A Chance To Be Judged By Her Onscreen Work
Latest TV News
- Ryan Phillippe To Headline CBS’ Frankenstein Pilot ‘Alive’, Katrina Law & Aaron Staton Also Star
- Lucy Liu Developing ‘Unsung Heroes’ Female-Focused Anthology Series With ABC Studios International
- Netflix Orders ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ Limited Series From Scott Frank; Anya Taylor-Joy To Star
- 'The Twilight Zone': Chris O’Dowd To Star In Episode Of CBS All Access Reboot
- CAPE Teams With Adele Lim, Daniel Chun, Walter Hamada And Others For Annual New Writers Fellowship
- Cheryl Hines Signs With ICM Partners