Monday’s box office actuals show that No. 1 Marvel/Disney’s Thor distributed by Paramount finished its opening weekend with $65.7 million. No. 2 Universal’s Fast Five ended wih $32.4M, or -69%. But the real story was the +13% Mother’s Day leap from Saturday’s gross by No. 3 TriStar/Sony’s African American-targeted Jumping The Broom for a $15.2 debut weekend. Sony crowed that it was “an indication of the electric word of mouth among its audience”. No. 4 Alcon Entertainment/Warner Bros’ Something Borrowed finished with $13.9M. And rounding out the Top 5 was Blue Sky Studios/Fox’s Rio 3D toon with $8.5M.
Monday Actuals: 'Jump The Broom' Leaps
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Americans': Cast & Creators Joke Potential Spinoffs, Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys Talk Spy Love - ATX
Robert De Niro Hurls F-Bombs At Donald Trump In Tony Awards Outburst; CBS Calls It "Unexpected - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- MoviePass Reps 40% Of ‘Gotti’s $1.67M Opening As Critics Slaughter John Travolta Mob Pic
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $180M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- ‘Gotti’ Gets Whacked With 0% Rotten Tomatoes Score: A Deeper Look
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Devouring $125M In China; Franchise Will Stomp Across $4B WW This Frame
- After AT&T-Time Warner Merger, Will PVOD Talk Rear Its Head Again?