CBS News announced today that Katie Couric’s last day as anchor of the CBS Evening News will be May 19, before her contract expires. She is being replaced by Scott Pelley, who will take over June 6. Of course, Couric likely won’t be gone long, as she is weighing offers from CBS and ABC that include a syndicated show as well as a role in their news divisions.
Katie Couric's Last Day At 'CBS Evening News': May 19
What's Hot on Deadline
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
Despite The Tabloid Tie To Kevin Tsujihara, Actress Charlotte Kirk Wants A Chance To Be Judged By Her Onscreen Work
Latest TV News
- Ryan Phillippe To Headline CBS’ Frankenstein Pilot ‘Alive’, Katrina Law & Aaron Staton Also Star
- Lucy Liu Developing ‘Unsung Heroes’ Female-Focused Anthology Series With ABC Studios International
- Netflix Orders ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ Limited Series From Scott Frank; Anya Taylor-Joy To Star
- 'The Twilight Zone': Chris O’Dowd To Star In Episode Of CBS All Access Reboot
- CAPE Teams With Adele Lim, Daniel Chun, Walter Hamada And Others For Annual New Writers Fellowship
- Cheryl Hines Signs With ICM Partners