What a road this movie has traveled. This is Sony’s big Summer 2011 comedy, but pre-bankruptcy MGM did all the heavy lifting. It paid $2 million for the Jay Scherick/David Ronn script and hired Kevin James at a bargain price before he made Paul Blart: Mall Cop, and then steered the pic through production. It should have been MGM’s swing for the fences, but the MGM financial crisis caused it to be turned over for distribution by its SPE partners. Release date is July 8th:
Hot Trailer: MGM/Sony's 'Zookeeper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped; State Says "Appropriate Resolution," Family "Thank God" - Update
Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: "Is There No Decency In This Man?"
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Latest Film News
- WGA: Georgia’s Proposed Anti-Abortion Law Could Send State’s Film & TV Industry Packing
- ATA Blasts WGA For Threatening To Throw “Industry Into Chaos” As Latest Talks End
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Marvel Reassures Fans To Hold On To “That Shred Of Hope…”
- ‘Devil In The White City’ Author Erik Larson Signs With UTA
- Michela De Rossi Lands Final Lead In ‘Sopranos’ Prequel ‘The Many Saints Of Newark’
- Freestyle Digital Media Acquires Marcia Klimpton’s ‘Bardo Blues’; Vertical Enters Horror Pic ‘The Convent…