In a rare venturing into unscripted series, HBO has picked up filmmaker Peter Berg’s primetime reality series On Freddie Roach. The series, which has been given a six-episode order for a debut in early 2012, is being directed by Berg. In a cinéma-vérité style, it follows famous boxing trainer Roach, who owns and operates the famed Wildcard Boxing Club in Hollywood that has produced a host of world champions. The cameras will chronicle Roach’s work with young boxers, the continuous stream of celebrity visitors to his gym as well as Roach’s new role with USA Boxing and his fight against Parkinson’s disease. Berg is executive prodcuing with Jim Lampley, Sarah Aubrey and Michael Price. Film 44 and Atticus Entertainment are producing.
HBO Greenlights Peter Berg Reality Series About Boxing Trainer Freddie Roach
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- Kevin Costner Talks ‘Yellowstone’, Varied Roles & A Venice ‘Fandango’ Lesson – Cannes Lions
- Re-Creating New York’s Gilded Age, ‘The Alienist’ Production Designer Bought Out All The Cobblestone In…
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- LaToya Morgan Re-Ups Overall Deal With AMC, Will Oversee Inclusion Initiative
- Gordon Ramsay’s Series Simmer In Ratings, Fox Still Wins Night; World Cup Scores In D.C.
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners