Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Clarifies Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Latest Film News
- ‘The Predator’ Set To Invade San Diego Comic-Con
- Marvel Skips SDCC But Seattle Is ‘Avengers’ Central This Weekend
- Robert Zemeckis Taking On Roald Dahl’s ‘The Witches’
- More MoviePass Drama: Stock See-Saws As Parent Company Pitches Ways To Avoid Nasdaq Delisting
- Hollywood Condemns Fox News, Trump’s Zero-Tolerance Policy: Adam Scott, James Gunn, Others Speak Out
- ‘The Black Room’ Picked Up By MajorJazz, Based On Co-Writer’s Experience In Psychic Research Institute