I hear Elizabeth Porter, Comedy Central’s SVP Specials & Talent, was let go on Friday. Porter worked at Comedy Central for about seven years, overseeing all aspects of talent, including identifying and developing new talent as well as developing vehicles to draw bigger-name talent to the network. She also ran specials, including the Comedy Central Roast franchise, Jamie Foxx’s Laffapalooza and Comedy Central’s Last Laugh, which she developed in 2004. Porter also oversaw Comedy Central Records, the network’s in-house record label. Porter joined Comedy Central from USA Network, where she oversaw all alternative programming and specials.
Elizabeth Porter Out As Head Of Specials & Talent At Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Prescribes Foxycontin For Donald Trump
- The Guardian Newspaper Eyes Long-Form Feature Doc Drive As Silicon Valley Story Becomes Latest Online Film
- ‘Fleabag’ & ‘Clique’ Broadcaster BBC Three Names Doc Producer Fiona Campbell As Controller
- Rebel Wilson To Star In Sonar Entertainment-Backed Australian Period Drama ‘Les Norton’
- ProSiebenSat.1's "Man In Hollywood" Rüdiger Böss Leaves German Broadcaster After 25 Years
- Korea’s CJ ENM Acquires Majority Stake In Swedish Distributor Eccho Rights