Law & Order veteran Ed Zuckerman, who most recently ran ABC’s legal drama The Whole Truth last season, has been tapped as the new showrunner on CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has not been officially renewed but is coming back next season. Zuckerman will succeed the series’ creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who have exited at the end of this season. Zuckerman’s strong procedural background (he spent 14 years on Law & Order and also worked on JAG and L&O: Criminal Intent) confirms CBS’ desire to take the cop/family drama in a more procedural direction next season.
Ed Zuckerman To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Saturday Edition
- ‘Andi Mack’ Actor Stoney Westmoreland Fired By Disney Channel Following Arrest For Planning Liaison With 13-Year-Old
- Les Moonves Personally Oversaw Eliza Dushku’s $9.5M Settlement For ‘Bull’ Harassment Claims
- Morgan Spurlock Settles Suit Over Unproduced TNT Docuseries, Will Pay Turner Nets $1.18M
- Tucker Carlson Loses Pacific Life Ads After Remarking Immigration Making U.S. “Dirtier”
- Blumhouse Television EVP Eben Davidson Exits